Become a Pragmatist
Pragmateam is growing and looking to connect with like-minded practitioners. If you are proud of your craft, have rock-solid product development fundamentals and are curious to continue to learn, check out our open roles.
We are a team of Agile practitioners who are passionate about driving delivery and business outcomes for our partners, focusing on empathy for end-users and problem solving.
Foundations: strong computer science background, laying the foundations of solid (immutable) principles which back your experience up as new technologies emerge
Full Stack: experience in frontend and backend technologies (even if at different levels), designing fit-for-purpose solutions and maximising delivery efficiency
Agnostic: technology and methodology agnostic, flexible within client's existing environment and adapting to context as needed
Pragmatic: approach to product delivery, employing fit-for-purpose quality principles
Community: appetite to give back to the software community, either through public speaking, attending meetups and conferences as well as active contribution to open source projects
Improvements: curiosity to learn, constantly reflect and improve
Refer a Friend
Pragmateam is built upon the foundations of great people working together. We have created our team primarily through our existing and trusted network.
So, if our open roles don't apply immediately to you, but you would like to refer a friend, we welcome your recommendation. In return we will provide a $5,000 finder's fee should your referral be successful.
Contact us today to share their details.
Full Stack Software Engineer (Angular, Node or Java)
Software engineer with demonstrable experience with either Angular.js or Node.js or Java (as well as other OO languages):
- 1+ years commercial experience with either Angular.js, Node.js or Java
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Experience in frontend and backend technologies (even if at different levels)
- Experience with responsive web apps and HTML/CSS (if primarily a frontend candidate)
- Solid experience writing automated tests (unit, integration and end-to-end) and an interest in TDD
- Solid experience refactoring code, ability to describe different refactoring techniques
- Regularly utilises and has worked in teams that use XP practices (eg. CI, TDD, pairing, small releases)
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- Able to discuss design patterns and their applicability to different problems and solutions
- Awareness of distributed architectures and micro-services
- Nice to have: Public GitHub or BitBucket repo
You will be passionate about digital product development. You have experience working within Agile teams where your role is to understand the product and features as much as it is to deliver on requirements. You should be comfortable actively collaborating with QA’s, BA’s and UX team members, not just coding to requirements.
- Lead Agile delivery team, providing leadership and pragmatic structure
- Understand and demonstrate how Agile works at team level
- Coach and mentor team members when required
- Lead inception workshops to break down and plan upcoming work
- Be hands-on when required, a “doer” not a “manager”
- Be a champion for continuous improvement, with a focus on team/organisation health
- Have the ‘war stories’ of a similar role for 2+ years
Apply for a Role
All Pragmatists have deep experience across coaching and delivery within a diverse range of industries and countries.
We are passionate about helping our clients achieve both their strategic and tactical goals, whilst working closely with the teams to enable sustainable capability uplift.