Learn about Agile
Below you'll find a collection of articles, videos and practical resources to help you on your Agile journey.
These resources are related to our Agile in Practice training course. If you'd like a copy of the presentation deck from your training day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send it to you.
We also have a page for our Beyond Scrum training course.
1. Lay the foundations
Start at the core of mindset and values, teams and our expectations of each other.
Here are some articles and videos to help you understand Agile basics.
- Agile, the Why, the How, the Who
- Agile is not a Destination
- Agile foundations - where it came from sketch (PDF 314KB)
- Scrum Introduction (video: 7 mins)
- Agile Product Owner in a Nutshell (video: 15 mins)
Case studies and examples
2. Build the right thing
Empathy, consensus and alignment, enable us to understand the problem we trying to solve.
Here are some of our favourite articles and resources to set you up for success. You might want to also check out our resources page for going beyond Scrum.
- Creating a Lean Canvas (PDF 309KB)
- Making sense of MVP (minimum viable product) - that skateboard analogy
- Story mapping
- Story map example (PDF)
- Prioritisation and Planning (Video: 2 mins)
- Prioritisation - Bang 4 buck (PDF)
- Facilitate a vision workshop
- Product pitch template (PDF)
Designing products and services
3. Build the thing right
Effective and iterative ways of working.
Retrospective (retro) ideas
We recommend that you begin a retrospective using the safe space manifesto. You can then use any format that suits you. You will find some ideas in these links:
5. Foster a learning culture
Develop a growth mindset and rapid feedback loops (process, peers, product).
- Why creating a Team Charter is so important for high-performing teams
- Experimentation – validate your ideas
- Radical Candor (video: 21 mins). There's also a book.
- The coaching habit
We regularly share tips and insights via our own blog. Some of the links are above and you can view the full blog list here.